Turkey: Blue Lagoon

I've been quiet on the blog this week and if you haven't seen - it's because I'm on holiday. On Saturday morning I arrived in Dalaman airport in Turkey where we were picked up and transferred to Hisaronu, Fethiye. We arrived SO early, like middle of the night early, of course we went straight to bed. 

Over the past few days, we've not really done much aside from exploring the 'strip' as they call the centre part of town, trying out places to eat and of course lounging by the pool with a good old beer. I think I've had enough 'Efe's' to last me a lifetime at this point but it's just so damn tasty and easy to drink and what else are holidays for?

Embarrassingly enough, the hotel I booked is basically just full of old people so we've essentially come to the quietest holiday resort in existence which I suppose worked out well for us because there are no kids anywhere to be seen. Chuffed! As for the weather, it has been glorious; from about 27-29 degrees in the day time and a bit cooler of an evening. It was supposed to rain but thankfully we've avoided that so far. 

I thought I'd share these photos from our trip to the Blue Lagoon in Olu Deniz today. I'm so proud of how they look actually which is why I'm writing this so soon but I feel like I got really good use of my camera. 

I pointed out to my friend who's come away with me that I absolutely adore holidays for this particular reason; when you're sitting around the pool or the beach, you see women (and men) of all shapes and sizes and additionally, people really do not seem to give a second glance as to what other's look like. This has given me a big boost in body confidence because you only have to look around at each other on holiday to realise how beautiful we are individually. Moreover, I think I've really found myself getting to the point where I stop caring about people wanting me to lose weight. I have felt sexier than ever on this holiday and I damn proud of my body carrying me through all the problems I've had. Honestly though, to actually walk down the beach or by the pool in a bikini and feel confidence radiating through you, it's an incredible feeling and one I'd never thought I'd feel in such a long time. 

Here's to continuing to feel like this in the long term! 

(Bikini from Primark)


If you aren't already, follow me here:
xo

5 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeous as always!

    C xx
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos my love!

    I always end up at hotels full of old people as well! Haha I'm so glad you're feeling more confident, you obviously look absolutely incredible but I'm glad you're having a boost of confidence.

    Strutting around in a bikini sometimes does that ;)

    Enjoy you holiday!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your body shape is very similar to mine so seeing you like this gives me confidence too! I have bein paranoid when I'm in my bikini but it is also kind of freeing!

    Kariss
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it looks so beautiful! Hope you're having a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Blue Lagoon looks so gorgeous, your photos are so beaut! Hope you're having a lovely time!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete