Kiko haul.

So I'm not sure when this happened but Bromley INTU shopping centre now has a KIKO shop. This is so exciting. I've never bought from KIKO before for the pure fact that their products would have only been available to me online or in their central London store but I'd rather try them out in person first. So when I was in the middle of my christmas shopping, I popped in a decided to try out a few things!

I already know they are a reasonably priced make up company but having their own shop really makes them seem more high end to me without ACTUALLY being so. In fact, this store is a couple of shops away from Mac in Bromley and I was more pulled in by here than I was to Mac.


One of my 'things' is that I generally always have to get a matte red lipstick with any cosmetics brand I try and I didn't feel any differently here. I first picked up this 606 Fire Red lipstick from the Velvet Mat range. The packaging is SO high end and priced at £6.90, it has to be one of, if not the most gorgeous high street lipsticks I have ever seen. The gorgeous rose gold packaging is a dream for any blogger I'm a sure, but for me, it's definitely on par with the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick I just bought - and for fraction of that price, you really cannot complain.






Now I decided I wanted to venture out of my comfort zone and pick up a lipstick that was not only NOT in my usual matte formula but also a non-red colour. I quite like some nudes and brown colours on lips but I have been hesitant in picking them up.  My eye was caught by the Gossamer Emotion Creamy range because the packaging on the lipstick was so different it almost fascinated me a little bit. It looks like a bullet with it's metallic outer shell and a gold, logo embossed click button at the top which releases the lipstick from the shell. I went for the Pinkish Brown 105 shade which says what the lipstick shade is like right in the name. This lipstick is slightly more expensive than the Velvet Mat range, priced at £10.90. On first impressions, this lipstick is very rich and creamy and also works to leave your lips feeling smooth and silky, which is obviously a nice feeling when you spend most of your time wearing matte lipsticks which can leave your lips feeling dry. As for longevity, I'm not too sure yet but I'm going to be giving that a test over the next couple of weeks.


I've been lusting after a glittery red nail varnish for a little while now and none have particularly taken my fancy. My eye caught the nail lacquer 277 in 'Blueberry Glitter' as it looked the perfect christmas shade for me. As you can see, the polish is absolutely opaque and it took two coats which I find is pretty standard among nail varnishes for me. I know I'm not the best at applying nail colours and it's definitely not my forte but I'm going to see if I get better and less messy. I seem to be one of those people with really weak nails; I have no problem growing them but they snap really easily so I find it hard to have beautifully shaped nails! Well, that's my excuse for this anyway. First impressions though? I'm really pleased! The colour is absolutely gorgeous and applies so well so the only thing I've got left to test is the longevity. I no doubt will be purchasing more colours. For £2.50 (down from £3.90) who can resist?







I then picked up these two beauty and skin care accessories! I'm always trying to try new blending sponges and after enjoying ones from Primark and Real Techniques, I thought I'd give this one a shot as it's only £6.90. It's slightly different shape to the other two I already have, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works with my foundation application. Another thing I saw that looked interesting was this Cleansing Face Brush retailing at £5.90. Recently, I'm trying to look at new ways of improving my skin and this brush looked really interesting to me. I've not used anything like this before so I'm looking forward to using it and see how it changes my skin, if it does. 

I absolutely loved my trip to Kiko although it was really hard to choose what I wanted to buy. The selection in their stores is incredible and it's so interactive so you know exactly what you're buying before you do. It's refreshing to have an actual make up store with high street prices and not just high end ones. The high quality feel and look from these products make me love them all the more. Until next time...

What are your favourite KIKO products?

xo

2 comments:

  1. I have never used any of these products but recently a store has opened in Cardiff, reading your post has made me realise what bargins you can get in there! Thanks x
    p.s love your blog
    Meg|www.missmegx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try some more products from Kiko, as I only have on lipgloss. Like you, I don't like purchasing online without being able to swatch first. Unfortunately, even when I'm in London I'm not always able to visit a store as I can't go into the one in Oxford Street because their TV style screens are way to bright & flashy, which exacerbates my chronic migraine. I think I'm going to have to take the plunge & place an online order as I really feel I'm missing out. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete