Lindy Bop & Life


I've decided it's time to stop letting past events and mistakes from stopping me from what I want to get. During the months leading up to my solo trip to America, I became very anxious and a bit of a nervous mess to be honest. There were several times in my head where I debated cancelling my trip and chucking it all in because I felt like I'd made a mistake and that I would never be able to cope on the other side of the world on my own. I like to think that one of my strengths, despite always worrying about things, is the ability to know when my thoughts are ridiculous and silly. So I kept brushing past my nervous worries and knew and still do, that if I don't do things that I'm scared of then I will never enjoy life properly. I assessed myself; I asked myself what am I scared of? What about travelling alone is so daunting and would warrant you from not going? After I asked myself that, I thought about it. I never once thought I'd be unsafe in America so that wasn't what was worrying me. But I did worry about going so far away from home and not be in instant contact with my Mum. Moreover, I genuinely got anxious about sitting on a flight for 11 and a half hours on my own with no one to talk to bar the cabin crew. I've become so reliant on my phone and social media to distract me when I'm feeling nervous that I didn't know what I would do when it came to the flight.




When the day came and my Mum was dropping me off at Heathrow, I felt nervous but also SO excited. In the airport I felt so proud of myself for overcoming my anxiety and just THROWING myself into an adventure in which I never knew what would happen. I knew I could never miss out on the possibility of meeting new people and making new friends. Creating stories to tell when I'm older is also another thing that is what I want to be able to do. I know that anything that doesn't go to plan will always make a good story. I always knew that I would regret not going and never regret going and that's so bloody true.

Sometimes it feels like I'm two different people; on one hand I'm the shy, nervous and anxiety ridden person who is too afraid to be adventerous but on the other, I'm completely brave and not afraid to try new things and gain new life experiences. I'm facing this dilemma at work where I'm applying for new jobs but totally underselling myself and not realising my full potential.

Anyway, on to the outfit. I think that Lindy Bop have really improved as a company recently in a number of ways; their social media is generally on point as they really interact with their customers and the ranges and different styles of their designs have come so far, it's incredibly impressive. Most notably for me, Lindy Bop have come on leaps and bounds with their separates; especially their tops. I was really disappointed to notice that both the top and the skirt I'm wearing in these photos are no longer being sold on their website from what I can see as I really wanted to stock up on the top in more colours and get another one of these skirts.

I absolutely adore this outfit. The top and skirt go so well together and I feel it compliments my body type. The issue I have with the wiggle skirt is that the material feels REALLY cheap. It's very thin and feels like it will break quite easily. So I've been treating it with extra care and hoping it will last me a while as I do love how it looks and fits on me.
Here's to hoping the range continually improves and I really do wish they'd bring these tops back as they are so versatile and match with the so many different bottoms I own. 

1 comment:

  1. You sound just like me, caught between shy and anxious and wanting to explore the world, You did it though so dosn't that just prove something amazing! Also you look amazing as always, I got that top too in the sale but I havn't worn it ye, I don't know why! I best put it on tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration!

    Kariss
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete