Bernie Dexter & BAIT



Well hello. It's me again! I bring forth this week three low-quality phone pictures of my outfit which I have now forgotten on which day I've worn. Lately my posts are far and few between and I have no reason other than being inexplicably tired and not very well.  It really sucks as I love this blog so much and I miss being more involved with the blogging community but I haven't had the energy. I hope any of you who read my blog don't mind my breaks in between posts! I really miss reading blogs as well actually, I feel very disconnected but I'm slowly getting back to it.

I'm really excited about sharing this outfit with you this week as this is my very first Bernie Dexter dress! I've been lusting after her dresses, particularly in this style, for almost two years but I could never justify the price and shipping to the UK. You might remember my last post in which I wrote all about my trip to the States. I stayed in San Diego, California and in the neighbourhood I was in was this cute little vintage repro shop called 'Temptress' fashion! This is where I found this gorgeous Bernie Dexter dress and because I was on holiday, I felt obliged to treat myself. I was quite lucky actually because the store was having a 25% off everything sale in store so I got this for even cheaper! I've always loved the print of this dress so I was super excited to nab this.

Admittedly, it needs a bit of an iron here but sometimes I don't have the times and I'm a very lazy person. Should I be embarrassed? probably but I'm not. I've put on quite a bit of weight since the holiday so the waist is a lot tighter than it was before. The straps however, are too big for my shoulders and fall down a lot so like here, I tend to wear a shrug or cardigan to wear over it.

The colours of the dress are vibrant and outstanding and the fabric is lovely, feels thick and good wearing. Because of the straps, I would feel hesitant about buying a dress full price (which is $159 and most likely down to them being made in America) but once a sale or discount code is released I look forward to seeing what my next purchase will be.

The belt is from an old Hell Bunny dress and the shoes are BAIT footwear. I love a chance to wear these shoes; they're so pretty, smart and very practical. The shrug is by Lindy Bop!

Thanks for catching up with me, I have another new post coming within the next week!

xo


.


2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous print! So glad you finally scored your first Bernie Dexter! It looks lovely on you. I can't get enough of her dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! for your first Bernie dress, great choice too! :)

    ReplyDelete