A most marvellous day out!

What a fabulous day. I organised a meet up from the Marvelletes group on Facebook to go to Cahoots which I'd been to before but had been wanting to go with like-minded people from our 40s/50s Facebook group. It just so happens that Lucy (from Era Go Again & my flatmate) had also organised a meet up at the King's Cross Classic Car Boot Show which was on the same day so we decided to combine them. Unfortunately Lucy couldn't come (but read all about her weekend in Cardiff where she went to a vintage flea market on her blog) but plenty of other Marvelette's did. 

Sadly the weather was a bit up and down that day and I was in such a rush, I was feeling so flustered when I met my Mum at King's Cross tube station. All I can say is, thank god I remembered my umbrella then it truly would have been a bad day (for my hair at least).

Myself and my Mum met the gorgeous Carrie from Something Definitely Happened and Catherine from Vintage Frills, Rhina, Nicole from Coco Von Vintage and Holly, The Vintage Girl. It was absolutely amazing to spend the day in the company of these women, whose blogs I all adore and especially all of their styles. What I love about the vintage world, is getting to meet so many different people. For example, Rhina is a Doctor and works at a herbarium, speaks 6 different languages and dresses impeccably with her own vintage style! It's amazing to be in company such as hers. We all have and create our own take on Vintage fashion so it's always inspiring to be around women such as these. 





The car boot sale was a pleasure to walk around. As we laughed and joked and checked out all of the clothing stalls, people would keep taking our photos. Some men wanted photos with us! It was utterly bizarre but I think we were the only group that were really dressed up for it. Which is funny, because I don't feel dressed up. This what I like to wear normally. It's strange that it can seem so different to others. 

The cars were amazing to look at and I got so much envy at all the vintage clothing I knew I wouldn't be able to fit into; this is why I love vintage reproduction so much! 

We also bumped into Florence from The Street Style Carousel who took all of our photos for her blog. As I write this my photo is up on her blog and I absolutely adore it. She's such a talented photographer. It was a really cool experience being photographed by her for her blog as I love her work. 

The weather was so stop and start. When it was raining we were huddled by the old routemaster bus-turned-bar sipping our drinks and waiting for the rain to go back in. But when the sun came out, it was glorious. 


















So after the boot sale, we made our way over to the west end where we enjoyed a drink in the pub before heading to cahoots. Doesn't Nicole look like an absolute princess? I adore her change of outfit! We made our way to Cahoots where we had a two hour table booking.

I'm writing a separate post and review on Cahoots which is to come soon!

I hope you enjoyed reading our adventure x


xo


 



1 comment: