Revisited & Updated: My top 5 favourite red lipsticks.

deep red lipsticks, gold, rose gold packaging, lipstick packaging

red, colour red, matte red, matte lipsticks

rose gold packaging, rose gold, gold accents, black,
Back when I first started this blog, I wrote my first Top 5 red lipstick post. To put it quite simply, it was AWFUL. From the photography to the writing, I'm amazed I even thought it was something worth publishing to be honest. Anyway, so here I am back revisiting this old post, updating it and seeing what has changed. These aren't ranked in any particular order so here goes:

KIKO are a brand which I've only just tried for the first time recently and I've not had this lipstick in my collection for too long but I already see it as one of my favourite reds. When you put this on, you can instantly feel the velvety effect; it feels so smooth and supple on the lips thanks to the ingredient 'K2 Repulp' a multi-leveled plant extract which works on multiple levels to leave your lips feeling moisturised and healthy looking. The lipstick is incredibly bold and very well wearing; and with the packaging looking so sleek and professional, it's amazing that this lipstick only retails at £6.90. 

This one hasn't changed since my first lipstick post and I still stand by what I said previously. It's not as intense red as my other favourites but I love having something a little different to go to from time to time. What I love about this one is that it gives a very even and strong payoff within the first application. It's very smooth and yet for a matte is not at all drying on the lips. This colour has more of an orange tone to it which again is slightly different for me. 


matte red swatches, lipstick swatches, hand,
Swatches appear in order of the lipsticks in the images at the top!

hand, white background, matte red
I visited Besame's store when I was in Burbank, California. Now this was one of the most amazing store's I have ever visited and it was right up my street! Besame are vintage reproduction beauty brand and you can see this in their beautiful gold and red floral packaging. I haven't yet ventured into their other cosmetics but this lipstick has been an incredible addition to my life. To be quite honest, people talk a lot about skin tones when it comes to picking out a shade of red but I honestly couldn't care less. I'm not going to be one of those people who thinks I can't wear something because my skin has a certain tone. Nope, I wear what I like! So I have no particular reason for picking out this shade other than I just love it. It's a warm red, it's well wearing and applies perfectly with one coating. The tip of the lipstick is different and can take a while to get used to but actually works really well with applying to the lips evenly.

One of the life long battles in the MAC world when it comes to red lipsticks is Russian Red or Ruby Woo? Truth be told I love both but I definitely agree that Russian Red comes out on top for me. It's luxurious; it's matte yet creamy and never drying . The deep redness of this lipstick is soooo attractive to me and paired with the 'Cherry' lipliner also by MAC, it's like a partnership made in heaven. You can see that I love this one probably *the most* as it's nearing the bottom. I have to say, Russian Red, you are my holy grail. 

This is one of the most satisfying buys I've ever made when it comes to high-end luxury purchases. Admittedly, I have a bit of a habit of buying make-up items, using them once or maybe a couple of times and then forgetting I've bought them. However, not with this lipstick. I'm not usually one to be *that* bothered about packaging unless it truly impresses me (see also the KIKO lipstick) but Charlotte Tilbury, oh boy does her packing make me swoon. The rose gold casing makes me so happy, I love pulling it out in public to do my apply my lipstick as it makes me seem far more fancier than I actually am. The lipstick formula itself is pretty perfect! very long wearing especially through eating and drinking and the nib is perfect for applying with especially if you don't have a lip brush. It's designed to apply perfectly. It's a deep true red that really replicates old hollywood glamour. 

So that's my up to date list of my current red lipstick favourites. I can see myself repurchasing these over and over again which is why I love them so much. I do however, have my eye on the NARS velvet lip pencils as they also look glorious...that one's for my wishlist!

What are your favourite lipsticks?


xo






3 comments:

  1. These are all pretty shades of red, I can't pull of red lips but Russian Red is my favourite out of these X

    lipstickandmascaras.blogspot.co.uk
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete