Mini Superdrug haul

one collection lasting perfection concealer, white background


I haven't been in Superdrug or Boots for a long time now. I know, that's incredible isn't it? but honestly I really haven't felt like I've needed any new make up OR even felt the urge to buy things that I don't need (which I'm very prone to so this is shocking). I suppose this is because I've been consciously trying to save money but also I really haven't felt THAT excited by any beauty products in store for the past few months. I feel like this has something to do with my recent disconnect from the blogging world over the last few months and not seeing anything that would catch my eye or get me all excited for. 

So I've really been making a concious effort recently to use my make up I already have which would save me wasting make up that is sitting there going out of date and it would make more space in my room which I so desperately need. I have about 5 or 6 new foundations on rotation at the moment, I'm so ridiculous. I can't actually DECIDE or work out what my skin type is so I keep using different foundations depending on how my skin feels that day.

One product that I knew I'd be repurchasing as I'd recently ran out of it is this Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. Everybody knows about this concealer and it seems you're either a lover or a hater. Personally, I'm a lover! It just works so well for me. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to concealers but I find it so creamy, well covered and doesn't dry up my skin. 

cleansing water by garnier, pure active, blue, bottle on a white background
I'm a long term fan of Garnier Micellar water. It replaced my once horrible habit of constantly using face wipes to take off my make up and that soon stopped once I discovered Garnier's Miceller range. I'm currently running out of my standard bottle with the pink lids so when I saw this I thought it was a bit different and felt like giving it a go. To be honest, aside from the colour it isn't much different, It does the same job and does what it says on the tin which is to remove make-up except it supposedly is more ideal for people with oily to combination/sensitive skin. I don't see the difference myself. I also ignore the 'no rinsing' claim on the bottle because I still feel my skin is a tad sticky (not much by any means) and I wash my face afterwards just to feel even more fresh. It's the same price as the regular pink bottle so I don't feel any loss but I also don't think it's particularly different so I will continue using the regular one after this runs out. 

make up revolution flawless powder blush, contour foundation brush
I cannot tell you enough how excited I am by this purchase and it's definitely my favourite from this shop. I've been lusting after the Ultra Metals collection for so so long and what's not to love about the rose gold handles and those beautiful white bristles? When I saw these in the Superdrug Brixton store, they were the only two left on the shelf. Like they had literally been flying off the shelves, so I'm pretty sure I would have completed the collection if they were all there. I haven't yet tried these on my face but as I'm writing this, I've been on/off stroking them all day because they are SO soft. I've always been reluctant to spend full money on the Real Techniques - Bold Metals brushes and these are just as beautiful for half the price tag. Pleased as punch I am,


3 comments:

  1. I used to use that concealer all the time before I even realised there was a hype about it and although it's great, it does smell a little bit, I think it smells a bit like Quavers ... and I don't like Quavers.
    What brand are the brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't noticed the smell!

      I can't believe I didn't write the brand! They're Make Up Revolution :)

      Delete
  2. That concealer isn't strong enough for my eye bags! It's a shame because everyone loves it. . You just reminded my my mercilia water has ran out!

    Kariss
    www.shystragemanic.com

    ReplyDelete