New Start, New Room.

Sometimes when life is rough, you gotta pick yourself up and keep on moving. Despite being easier said than done, that's exactly what I'm doing (well trying at least) anyway. I decided to re-do my room and instead of it being the dump I usually make it, I wanted to transform it into my cosy haven where I can relax and pamper. And that I have done, with the help of my mum. 
I've unintentionally turned my bedroom into a pin up themed one; with my favourite mug, duvet, pillows and posters all giving their nod to the great pin up ladies. I'm not usually a 'theme' person so I think this will have to be where I draw the line before it gets TOO much (I'm sorry I have to have some subtlety!) but I absolutely adore my duvet set and this mug which I picked up in a shop in Brighton. I'm not sure when I became a person who has a favourite mug or cares what their bedsheets look like but I've got to say, it's very comforting. 


When I was away a couple of weeks ago, I may have picked myself up a Genuine Fake Michael Kors bag. I know, buying a fake; shame on you Sarah, shame on you. Except, I have no shame. It cost a grand total of £10 and it looks bloody fantastic. If I had the money to buy a real one, I probably would. I have previously considered it and I might again in the future but for now, I couldn't resist this beautiful replica. I'm not sure what the bag has to do with my room makeover but I wanted to throw it in there, as you do. 

I bought the flamingo fairy lights from Primark a good while ago and after a brief hanging on my bed, they fell down to floor and I forgot about their existence. Thanks to my mum who rediscovered them, she hung them above my mirror and I think they add such a cute touch so now I'm glad I bought them. They're operated by batteries too so they're very versatile in terms of where you can put them. 

I then got this new storage unit which replaced a desk that used to be there. The desk was way too overclutterd and it made my already small room, even more cluttered and cramped itself. This storage unit is amazing because it gives you so much space to put things in and you can mix and match with the storage boxes which I absolutely adore.
I love little storage boxes and jars and I feel these fit in so well on my unit! Although I plan to find some actual matching ones but I love these ones holding my hair brushes and make up brushes for me. Also, what would a cosy room be without candles? Primark have some great ones in for so so cheap and they smell amazing! My favourite is like a mason jar style candle as the smell really lingers and smells beautiful. They had a whole different range of them when I looked the other day so I may just pop back for some different scents.

To top off my room makeover, I treated myself to a new TV! Definitely an extravagant purchase but one well made, it's taken pride on my wall facing my bed so I'm finally in heaven in my own bedroom. The question is, will I ever leave it? Somehow, I have to get to work. No but seriously it's amazing. A 42" LG television with smart tv catch up apps and a USB slot in the back to which I've attached an external hard drive full of television and films ready for me to watch. 
So whilst I might be having a hard time emotionally at the moment, turning my room around and treating myself has definitely helped. I'm going to be living at home with my parents for a long while now until I can afford to buy my own place so I might as well be comfortable and relaxed in my room. 

















3 comments:

  1. The room looks so cozy and organised!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your room looks so gorgeous! And so bright and cheerful :)
    I especially love storage unit. Definitely something I need to invest in as I have so much clutter on my dresser an not enough drawers to hide it all!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peaches and Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cosy! Mine needs redoing, it's still the same as when I was 18 and I thought black and purple was a good color for a bedroom.....

    ReplyDelete