Outfit: The Dorothy Of SE London


A quick outfit throne together as well as being little miss frizz. Admittedly, I'm wearing these two items of clothing for the shame of them being in my wardrobe for the best part of a year and a half, only getting one wear in that time.

There's something about pastel blue and gingham that just makes me so happy. Perhaps I feel a bit like Dorothy; both sweet and elegant and I definitely feel like that in this outfit. The only thing I'm missing is a little dog and a basket full of baked goods. I'm just imagining it now!

Both parts of this outfit are slightly too big for me, especially the skirt which just looks awkward and in definite need of an iron which I sacrificed due to both lack of time and eagerness to wear blue gingham again which if you've seen previous posts, you'd know I love.
Top: Select Skirt: Hell Bunny Shoes: Primark
I decided to get a little dressy as with working so much recently, I really felt I wasn't dressing as "50s" as I'd usually like and to be honest, I have gotten very lazy recently. Lazy being an understatement; my life right now consists of work, sleep, eat and repeat. Only ever so often will I go out of my way to make an effort with my hair and make up for work but when you're getting up at 2:40am to go to work, you gotta pick - sleep or make up? Sleep always.

Anyway! So I'm contemplating going back to blonde but this time REALLY blonde, not the dirty blonde I pretended to like. I'm a little tired of being a redhead (who knows, I can always revisit this again at another time) and now I'm eager to be a 'blonde bombshell' - I think I'd kill it. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment