Beauty: Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick and Palette




I haven't made an appearance to Oxford Street's Selfridges in such a long time that when I had a day off from work I decided I'd head up there and have a look at the Charlotte Tilbury counter. I've been wanting to try her make up for a long while now but I knew I could only make a decision on what to get if I tried the make up first in person before taking the risk of ordering online. 

I went full steam towards the concession stand and was utterly blown away by how beautiful it was. With the trademark burgandy/dark red and gold accents the brand is known for, you really feel fancy when you're having a nose around the make up. 



I ended up choosing the 'Red Carpet Red' lipstick in the Matte Revolution range which I found to be a beautiful deep red. I almost went for Glastonberry but I knew I couldn't stray away from my staple colour. The rose gold packaging is absolutely divine and so luxurious; so whilst the £23 price tag may be a bit expensive, you definitely get what you pay for. I do feel so posh when I pull this out of my hand bag to apply / reapply, it's so gorgeous. In terms of longevity, I find that it doesn't last as well as my cult favourite's MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red but the formula is so creamy and not at all too drying, that's it's forgivable. You get what pay for with high end lipsticks like these; great pigmentation, creamy, non-drying and fairly long lasting. It's worth noting that the tip of the lipstick is fantastic and it's shaped to be similar to a lip brush to ensure precise application. We know how important it is to apply matte lipsticks very precisely as to not look messy, so this little bonus is a great help.

I then saw this palette called The Vintage Vamp which I absolutely fell in love with upon looking at it. The colours are beautiful and for me, I was utterly drawn to the shimmery gold shade and already couldn't wait to play around the with the palette to create some beautiful, sultry evening looks with it. The gorgeous burgundy and rose gold packaging screams luxury and although it's not everything I look for when I want to spend a lot of money on a beauty product, it does help to be very to look at. I often find that with some high end brands, they focus on making the packaging look luxurious and the product can end up being a bit rubbish as a result of it. However, these two products are absolute perfection and a dream to own. 







I took some photos to show you all how they look on. I know I'm a little bit rubbish at applying eyeshadow at the moment but since buying the palette, I've been practising more and more and getting a lot better. I'm really excited to improve my eyeshadow application and this palette has really gotten me motivated!



1 comment:

  1. That lipstick is just perfect on you!!
    I've been drooling over their gift sets online today as we don't have a counter anywhere near, I could drop a serious amount if we did so maybe it's a good thing :)
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete